Summer is melon season. As such, we should be enjoying some melon cocktails. And by some, I do mean more than one since there are so many different types of melons out there. For watermelon, sip on watermelon daiquiris and spicy watermelon cocktails. For cantaloupe, enjoy the gin cantaloupe cocktail or this vodka cantaloupe cocktail. You really can’t go wrong with any of them.
For this vodka cantaloupe cocktail, I decided to keep it pretty simple. No fancy ingredients, no infusions or prep work. Just a little bit of muddling, shaking and pouring. You can handle that.
For one tiny special touch to the drink, I rimmed half the glass with a Thai ginger sea salt that I picked up when I went wine tasting a few months back. It added a little more ginger pop to the drink that I really liked, but the drink was also good without it. If you feel like using it, I found this one from Salt Works available online.
For the ginger ale, I used Bruce Cost Ginger Ale. It has a good list of ingredients and is unfiltered so there are little pieces of ginger floating around. I really liked it in this vodka cantaloupe cocktail and also on its own. If you can’t find it, Blenheim Ginger Ale is also good, and ginger beer would even work too.
- ¼ cup cantaloupe
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces vodka (I used Prairie Organics vodka)
- Ginger ale
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Optional: Thai ginger sea salt for rimming glass
- If desired, rim half of a rocks glass with lime and dip in Thai ginger sea salt. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- Add cantaloupe to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Pour in lime juice and vodka and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake and double strain into prepared rocks glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!