Last summer we shared how to make pineapple habanero infused tequila. It was a nice balance of sweet and hot and perfect in the aptly named, Spicy Pineapple Margarita. This summer, we are heating things up again with Thai Chili Infused Tequila.
Let me just tell you from the start, this infused tequila is spicy. I had one tiny taste after it had been infusing for a few days and it almost blew me away.
My husband, on the other hand, handles heat better than I do and he really liked it.
So, if you’re a wuss when it comes to heat, I suggest you stick with the tropical fruit infused tequila. That won’t knock your socks off. I promise.
Back to the Thai Chili Infused Tequila….
Each year in my garden I grow a variety of peppers. Last year I had one Thai chili plant and it was awesome. I have a bag full of the tiny peppers in my freezer that I can’t seem to find the bottom of, no matter how hard I try.
However, I think now that they will be used up much quicker thanks to this infused tequila recipe (and the margaritas that go with it which will be shared soon).
Unlike the other infused tequilas I’ve made, this one uses reposado tequila. I thought the bold heat needed a bolder tequila than silver tequila.
How to make Thai Chili Infused Tequila
- 15 to 20 Thai Chilis
- Reposado tequila
- Mason jar
- Cut the stems off the Thai chilis.
- Put the chilis in a mason jar and fill with tequila.
- Screw on the top, label the jar and put it in the fridge.
- Let the tequila sit for a day and then start checking it. When the flavor is right, strain the chilis and transfer the tequila to a clean glass jar or bottle.
- Once it’s done, use it in a delicious Spicy Blood Orange Margarita recipe, a Spicy Watermelon Cocktail or a Thai Kick Margarita.