Mojitos and caipirinhas (or caipiroska if you’re using vodka) are perfect summer cocktails. They take just a few ingredients, a little bit of muddling and taste so good. So, I drew on both of those cocktails for creating this tea infused vodka cocktail. I suppose you could say it’s a combination of the two, except it’s made with mango peach tea vodka and coconut water.
My first attempt for a tea infused vodka cocktail didn’t go so well. After making the tea infused vodka with Davidson’s Tulsi Mango Peach Tea I thought it would be good with fruit and ginger beer. So, I muddled strawberries, lime, infused vodka and ginger beer. The tea vodka didn’t come through the way I wanted it to. Instead, I ditched that idea and decided to go for something a little more simple and little more vodka pronounced.
I made two variations of this tea infused vodka cocktail. One had soda water and one had Taste Nirvana coconut water. The husband and I both agreed that the coconut water one tasted better. We did finish both cocktails, though. Don’t want to waste any booze.
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 barspoon demerara sugar
- 4 lime quarters
- 2 ounces mango peach tea infused vodka*
- Coconut water (I used Taste Nirvana coconut water)
- Sprig of mint for garnish
- *To make tea infused vodka, place 1 mango peach tea bag in a mason jar and fill with 8 ounces vodka. Let sit for 2 hours. Remove tea bag, pressing carefully to release any liquid. Discard tea bag and keep the infused vodka.
- To make the cocktail, add mint, sugar and lime quarters to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Fill the shaker with ice, shake and double strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with coconut water and garnish with a sprig of mint.
After creating this cocktail, I found out the theme for this month’s Mixology Monday is coconut. So, I’m including this recipe in the event. Thanks Rated R Cocktails for hosting!
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I was provided with Davidson’s Tea and Taste Nirvana coconut water to use in cocktails. All thoughts, opinions, recipe and images are my own.