No summer is complete without a daiquiri (or three). Last year, I shared recipes for watermelon daiquiris and a blackberry ginger daiquiri. This year, it’s all about the strawberries with this strawberry ginger daiquiri recipe.
With fresh strawberries available everywhere right now, it’s easy to stock up. It’s also easy for said strawberries to disappear rather quickly thanks to some children who live with me. Needless to say, when berries are in the house I have to use them right away or else I miss out. The same can also be said for peaches, grapes and cherries.
So, for this strawberry ginger daiquiri, it starts with muddled strawberries. Make sense, right? For the rum, I used Cruzan Estate Diamond Light Rum. It’s a blended aged rum with hints of vanilla and coconut and a little spice. The ginger portion of the drink comes from Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur. Overall, it’s a pretty straightforward drink that doesn’t take much work to put together. And sometimes, that’s all we want for our summer cocktails.
- 4 to 5 ripe strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1-1/2 ounces Cruzan Estate Diamond Light Rum
- ¾ ounces ginger liqueur (I used Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur)
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- Strawberry for garnish
- Add strawberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Pour in rum, ginger liqueur and lime juice and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!