Summer means strawberries — and lots of them. Get your berry season started off right with this strawberry gin cocktail made with fresh strawberry puree.
Normally when I use strawberries in cocktails I muddle them. It’s easy and gets the job done in a pinch. This time, however, I wanted to do something a little different but I still wanted to use fresh berries. So, I made a puree – strawberries and sugar. Slightly more work than muddling, but worth the effort. Oh, and if you have any puree left after enjoying this strawberry gin cocktail, put it to use the next day with some bubbles. It would make for a fantastic bellini.
- 1-1/2 ounces strawberry puree**
- 1-1/2 ounces gin (try St. George Spirits Botanivore Gin)
- ½ ounce Aperol
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- Strawberry for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for garnish to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a strawberry.
- **To make the strawberry puree, blend 1 cup organic strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth. Amount of sugar may need to be adjusted based on the sweetness of the strawberries used.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!