If there’s one cocktail we should all know how to make, it’s a margarita. I’ve personally become a big fan of Tommy’s margarita recipe which includes only 100% agave tequila, lime juice and agave nectar. Easy to make and even easier to drink, it’s one we should all have in our repertoire. And, once you have that one mastered, you can move on to making this spicy margarita with a mezcal float. The idea behind the drink is the same, only difference is using a Thai chili infused tequila and a barspoon of mezcal.
The first time I made this spicy margarita was at Midtown Eats. I was bartending and a couple came in asking for a spicy tequila drink with a little bit of mezcal. I’ve made it a few times since then for other customers at the restaurant as well as at home. Each time it’s been thoroughly enjoyed, and sometimes seconds are requested – and given, of course.
- 2 ounces thai chili infused tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- Barspoon of mezcal
- Thin lime circle for garnish
- Optional - Salt for rimming glass
- If desired, rim a rocks glass with lime and dip in salt. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- Add infused tequila, lime juice and agave nectar to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into prepared rocks glass.
- Top with a barspoon of mezcal.
- Garnish with a thin lime circle and enjoy!
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!