Once again we are bringing the heat to your home bar. So far, we’ve spiced things up with habanero pineapple margaritas and spicy blood orange margaritas. This time, it’s a spicy margarita recipe with Thai chili infused tequila and lemongrass syrup.
I created this spicy margarita recipe for my husband since he is never one to back down from the heat in the kitchen. The goal was to make a Thai inspired cocktail using the chili infused tequila.
I had just made some of the lemongrass syrup I figured that would be good to add in the mix.
I decided to also add some of the Domaine De Canton Ginger Liqueur. Because why not add some ginger to the margarita?
What I like about this Thai Kick Margarita is that no one flavor really stands out. I mean you get the heat from the Thai chilis but it combines with everything else. The lemongrass doesn’t overpower the ginger. The ginger doesn’t overpower the lemongrass. It all just works. Just like a spicy margarita recipe should.
Since it is a margarita I added a salt rim to the glass. But this wasn’t any ordinary salt rim. Instead, it’s a mixture of cayenne powder and salt.
You thought it was going to be something fancy, didn’t you?
Sorry to disappoint but I like to keep it easy whenever possible.
So, to make the cayenne salt rim, just combine cayenne powder and salt on a plate or in a bowl. Rim the glass with lime and dip in the salt.
If you absolutely need to follow a recipe, check out this one for cayenne salt. But I promise, it’s easy. And you don’t really need a recipe for it.
- 1½ ounces Thai chili infused tequila
- ½ ounce ginger liqueur
- ½ ounce lemongrass syrup
- ½ fresh squeezed lime
- Cayenne salt (mixture of cayenne powder and salt)
- Lime wedge, chili peppers or candied ginger for garnish
- If desired, combine cayenne powder and salt. Rim glass with lime and dip in salt.
- Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into ice filled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge, candied ginger or a few chili peppers (if you're brave enough).