Colder weather means it’s time to drink more scotch. And because pears are also in season, it means we should be using those as well. So… the best thing to do is combine the two to create a scotch pear cocktail. Add in a roasted pear crumble or some other fall-ish drink and you have yourself a wonderful dessert for the evening.
For this spiced pear cocktail, you’re going to want a blended whiskey. I went with SIA Scotch Whiskey, a newer product on the market created by Carin Luna-Ostaseski. It’s a blend of 50% Speyside, 40% Highlands and 10% Islay. It’s a good blend that works well mixed into cocktails. The pear flavors come from St. George Spirits Spiced Pear Liqueur. It’s easier than muddling pears into the drink and it’s good. So good in fact, I had a lady at the bar drink 5 or 6 glasses of it in one night.
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 ounce blended scotch (I used SIA Scotch Whisky)
- 1 ounce spiced pear liqueur (I used St. George Spirits)
- ¼ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Fee Brother's Old Fashioned Bitters or Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters
- Sprig of thyme for garnish
- Add all ingredients except garnish to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and enjoy.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
I received a sample of SIA Scotch to enjoy. All thoughts, opinions and images are my own.