Scotch and pear. A wonderful combination of flavors as we proved before in the scotch pear cocktail. This time, we are taking these two items and putting them together in a different way to create this scotch pear cider cocktail. With a hint of spice, citrus and sweetness, it’s one drink you can enjoy all through pear season and beyond.
If any of you are still thinking that scotch is an old man’s drink, it’s time to move away from that line of thought. It’s actually a wonderful spirit that makes a great base for cocktails (although I wouldn’t mix the expensive stuff – that deserves to be enjoyed all by itself).
I’m not sure if Ace Perry Hard Cider is sold everywhere but I did find it at Whole Foods and Raley’s here in Reno, Nevada. If you can’t find it near you, check out their website for locations or see if you can find a different brand of pear hard cider. I’m sure there are others out there.
- 1-1/2 ounces blended scotch (I used Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition)
- ¼ ounce Ancho Reyes chili liqueur
- ¼ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ ounce honey syrup
- 1-1/2 ounces pear hard cider
- Add all ingredients except cider to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
- Top with pear hard cider and enjoy!
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!