When dessert comes in the form of a cocktail, I’m a happy camper. Now, I’m not talking about those overly sweet cocktails with chocolate syrup and such. Rather, I mean a strong, stirred drink with flavors of coffee, vanilla and dark chocolate such as this rum Campari cocktail.
This rum Campari cocktail stared out as a play on the negroni with equal parts of Ron Zacapa 23 Rum, Campari and St. George Spirits NOLA Coffee Liqueur. Between the Campari and the coffee liqueur, the rum was a little lost. So, I adjusted the proportions a bit and that was that. The drink was done. And it was delicious.
If you’re so inclined, a little piece of dark chocolate to nibble on while enjoying your rum Campari cocktail isn’t a bad idea. Just sayin’.
- 1-1/2 ounces Zacapa 23 Rum
- ¾ Campari
- ¾ ounce St. George Spirits NOLA Coffee Liqueur
- Orange peel for garnish
- Add all ingredients except garnish to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Twist the orange peel over the glass to express the oils, rub around the rim of the glass and drop it in for garnish.
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I was sent a bottle of Ron Zacapa Rum to sample. All thoughts, opinions and images are my own.