After making yourself a big batch of pumpkin pie infused vodka you have a few options. The first is to drink it straight out of the jar. The second is to try it in the pumpkin pie martini. Your third option, but by no means your final, is to put that infused vodka to work in this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail that I’m calling a Naughty Pumpkin. I have no doubt that you’ll enjoy whichever option you choose.
I came up with this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail last year as an option for a Thanksgiving cocktail. I never got around to posting it on the blog because I ran out of time before the holiday. That seems to happen to me a lot. Guess it helps me be prepared for the following year.
So, for this cocktail it starts with the pumpkin pie vodka. Added to the mix are dark rum and Kahlua coffee liqueur. I used Koloa dark rum that I picked up while on vacation in Kauai. I’ve used this rum also in my rum creme brulee and hot buttered rum cocktails. I really like it for both cocktails and baking. It also helps that every time I drink I think of being on vacation in Kauai. Ah, that was a good week.
I also made some brown sugar simple syrup to sweeten up the drink. I went with brown sugar instead of white sugar to go along with the dark rum and Kahlua. It’s made the same as regular simple syrup, the only differences being the sugar used and that I did two parts sugar to one part water.
I enjoyed this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail as a digestif, or after dinner cocktail. Something about the spices and the coffee liqueur made it perfect for ending my day. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to drinking it any other time of the day.
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Pie Infused Vodka
- 1 ounce dark rum
- ½ ounce Kahlua
- 1 barspoon brown sugar simple syrup
- Optional: splash of half and half
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir and strain into a rocks glass. Add ice if desired.
- Optional, top with a splash of half and half before serving.
- To make brown sugar simple syrup:
- Mix 2 parts brown sugar with one part water on stove.
- Stir to combine and boil until thickened.
- Cool before using. Store in the fridge and use as needed.
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get our latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!