Have some fun this holiday season by serving up rounds of this pomegranate tequila cocktail made with both an infused tequila and infused pomegranate juice. Not only is this drink tasty, but it’s also festive with red and green colors for Christmas. Talk about a real crowd pleaser.
The base of this pomegranate tequila cocktail is Meyer lemon infused tequila. It’s super simple to make and takes only a few days to infuse. I would probably start this about a week before you’ll be serving these drinks. That way you aren’t scrambling at the last minute. The other infusion you need to do is a hibiscus tea infused pomegranate juice. It takes a few hours so this can be done the day off (although I’d probably make it a few days before just to save time).
Other than those two ingredients, all you need is some fresh squeezed lime juice and agave nectar. Shake it all up, serve over ice (crushed if you have the time) and garnish with a lime wheel for some green color. Enjoy and repeat as necessary. Simple, yes?
- 1-1/2 ounces Meyer lemon infused tequila
- 1 ounce hibiscus tea infused pomegranate juice**
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- Thin lime wheel for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for garnish to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a thin lime wheel.
- **To make the hibiscus tea infused pomegranate juice: Combine 2 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice and ¼ cup loose leaf hibiscus tea (I used Davidson's Tea Herbal Té de Hibiscus) in a mason jar. Seal and place in the refrigerator. After 2 to 3 hours (taste to decide when done), strain the tea and keep infused juice refrigerated until ready to use.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!