I’m really liking the Meyer Lemon Infused Tequila. So much so that I could drink it straight from the mason jar with a side of salt. But that’s a little unprofessional, or so I’ve been told. So, I made these Meyer Lemon Margaritas instead.
The meyer lemon infused tequila is combined with Cointreau and freshly squeezed lime. To balance out the citrus flavors of the tequila and the Cointreau, add some organic agave nectar. Or you could add simple syrup if that’s your thing.
If Meyer lemons aren’t in season you could use regular lemons for the infused tequila. You would still follow the same recipe for the margaritas. You might want to add a little more agave nectar (or other sweetener since Meyer lemons are typically sweeter than regular lemons.
- 3 ounces Meyer lemon infused tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 2 bar spoons agave nectar
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
- Optional: margarita salt
- If desired, rim 2 margarita glasses with lime and dip in salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into the margarita glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Also follow us on Facebook to see what other cocktail creations we are working on.