While there are many different flavors of tea on the market today, none of them are as versatile as Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha green tea. Because it comes in powder form, it can be used in everything from cooking to drinking. Of course, when drinking Aiya Matcha green tea, a cup of hot tea is always wonderful to sip on – but, if you’re in the mood for a beverage with a little bit of sass, try this matcha green tea cocktail instead.
A beautiful combination of gin, Meyer lemon juice and a homemade ginger honey syrup mixed with cooled matcha green tea. It brings the flavors of fall and winter that we love along with the health benefits of Aiya Matcha green tea. It’s one cocktail you definitely won’t mind sipping on again and again, even if there is a chill in the air.
- 1-1/2 ounces gin (I used Martin Miller Gin)
- ¾ ounce ginger honey syrup*
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- ¼ ounce Green Chartreuse
- 2-1/2 ounces brewed and cooled Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha Green Tea
- Soda water
- 3 pieces of candied ginger on a skewer for garnish
- Add gin, ginger honey syrup, Meyer lemon juice and Green Chartreuse to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake.
- Fill a highball glass with ice and pour in cooled Aiya Matcha Green Tea.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the highball glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with candied ginger on a skewer and enjoy!
- *To make the ginger honey syrup:
- Combine ½ cup honey, ⅓ cup water, ¼ vanilla bean sliced open, 1 orange peel and 1 tablespoon grated ginger in a small saucepan. Heat on medium low heat, stirring to dissolve the honey. Let simmer 15 minutes, remove from heat, let cool and strain into a glass bottle. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I received product and payment for the creation of this cocktail. All thoughts, opinions, recipe and images are my own.