I’ve made a deal with my mom. She comes to visit and helps with the kids, I make her cocktails. On her latest visit, we did the usual arrangement. She kid-sat. I created this huckleberry vodka cocktail. Win-win.
Admittedly, I’ve had this bottle of huckleberry vodka in the cabinet for a few months. I kept meaning to do something with it, but then the holidays came and I forgot. Luckily, my mom came up shortly after the season of craziness and I remembered the bottle and had an idea for it.
As usual, after sipping down this huckleberry vodka cocktail, my mom proceeded to take a nap. Hence the name, Sleeping Beauty. Anyway, I hope you vodka/bubbly fans enjoy it as much as my mom did. And if you take a nap after consuming, I won’t blame you. I’d do the same thing if I had time to nap.
- 1-1/2 ounce Huckleberry Vodka (I used Heritage Distilling)
- ¾ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce Salers Aperitif Gentiane Liqueur
- 1 ounce sparkling wine
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine and lemon twist to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine and garnish with a lemon twist.
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I was sent a bottle of Huckleberry vodka to sample. All thoughts, opinions, images and recipe are my own.