When I was 21 my standard order was a lemon drop martini. Fast forward 10+ish years and my go-to drink has changed quite a bit. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t still enjoy the occasional lemon drop. Although I usually try and mix them up now by using different vodka and/or fresh fruit. And that, my friends, is exactly what I did to create this ginger lemon drop martini.
The idea for this ginger lemon drop martini came from The Melting Pot restaurant. I went there recently to celebrate my sister’s birthday and my mom ordered this drink. I had a sip of it and thought oh yeah, I can totally make that (better) at home.
Rather than buying a bottle of ginger vodka, I decided to make my own ginger infused vodka. It does take one to two weeks to infuse so you’ll have to get it started now and have a little patience before you can enjoy this drink. I know waiting is the hardest part, but sometimes that’s just what you have to do before you can enjoy a great drink.
The other lemon drop variations we’ve shared here are the raspberry lemon drop martini and the blueberry lemon drop martini. Those both use infused vodka and muddled fruit. This ginger lemon drop martini is a little different because it doesn’t have the muddled fruit. But it does have the lemony goodness you’d expect from a lemon drop as well as the spice from the ginger. It really is a winning combination if you ask me.
- 2 ounces ginger infused vodka
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- Optional: Scrappy's cardamom bitters and/or simple syrup
- Sugar for rimming glass
- Candied ginger for garnish
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with lemon and dip in sugar.
- Add infused vodka, lemon juice and ginger liqueur to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- If desired, add in two to three dashes of cardamom bitters to bump up the flavor. Or add in a bar spoon of simple syrup if the drink is too tart for you.
- Garnish with a piece of candied ginger on a skewer.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!