Sometimes there is nothing more beautiful than the cocktail sitting right in front of you. From the liquid inside to the garnish and even the glass, it’s all just lovely. Especially after a long day when you are ready to relax. And relax you shall once you have this gin elderflower cocktail in your hand.
Floral is kind of the theme of this gin elderflower cocktail. It started with a can of Belvoir Elderflower Pressé that I had received a sample of. It’s a carbonated drink made from fresh elderflowers, lemon juice and spring water. Similar to a soda, but without all of the added ingredients. One sip and I knew it would be fantastic with gin. Then again, most things are fantastic with gin.
To help balance the drink, I added in some lemon juice, a touch of Dolin Genepy des Alpes and a dash of lavender bitters. If you’re not familiar with Genepy, it’s similar to Green Chartreuse but much cheaper and lower in proof. If you can’t find it, Green Chartreuse would work as a substitute.
- 1-1/2 ounces gin (I used G'Vine Nouaison)
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 barspoon Dolin Genepy des Alpes
- 1 dash Scrappy's Lavender Bitters
- Belvoir Elderflower Pressé
- Herb sprig for garnish
- Add gin, lemon juice, Genepy des Alpes and bitters to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
- Top with Elderflower Pressé.
- Garnish with an herb sprig and enjoy your beautiful view.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I received samples of G’Vine gin and Belvoir products to use in creating this cocktail. All thoughts, opinions, images and recipe are my own.