The last infused vodka tutorial was for raspberry infused vodka. This time, we are going to show you how to make cucumber infused vodka. It’s perfect for those of you that have cucumber overload from the garden right now like I do.
Awhile back, Carri did a review on Square One Organic Cucumber Vodka. Not only did she really like the vodka, she also liked the company that makes it. I never did purchase my own bottle of it although I had some ideas for cucumber vodka cocktails.
In my garden this year I planted two cucumber plants. One of them didn’t make it. The other one has been producing like crazy. I’ve been using them in green juices and for snacking but I can’t keep up.
So I decided to make my own cucumber infused vodka. Because what else is there to do with cucumbers? Well, besides muddle them for cocktails like the cucumber gin martini. Or pickle them, which I’ll probably do soon.
To start with, I made a pint of cucumber infused vodka. I’m sure by the end of summer I’ll end up making a full bottle of it. That way it will last for a few months through fall.
How to make cucumber infused vodka
- 1 organic cucumber
- Mason jar or some other glass container with a lid
- Slice cucumber and put in mason jar. I did a half a cucumber for a pint of vodka.
- Fill the jar with vodka.
- Seal the jar and store it in the fridge. Every day give it a little shake.
- After two days start checking the flavor. It should take two days to two weeks to infuse. Mine took about a week.
- Once the flavor is acceptable, strain the cucumber infused vodka.
- Label the jar with the name of contents and date. That’s it.
- Use as you would in all of your favorite cucumber vodka cocktails.
Like this recipe? Subscribe to our newsletter to get more just like it delivered directly to your inbox.