What do you get when you take the Bee’s Knees and add cucumber and infuse the honey with fennel? This cucumber gin cocktail that is The Cat’s Pajamas, duh.
This is one of my favorite after Sunday brunch shift cocktails right now. It’s light, and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. After 5ish hours of making Bloody Mary’s and various fizz cocktails, I want my drink to be easy. And that’s what this cucumber gin cocktail is – as long as I already have the fennel infused honey on hand. Hint: make some of that now.
- 3 cucumber slices
- 2 ounces gin (I used Jack Rabbit Gin)
- ¾ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce fennel infused honey*
- Small sprig of fennel for garnish
- Add cucumber slices to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add remaining ingredients except for garnish to the cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a small sprig of fresh fennel and enjoy!
- *To make the fennel infused honey combine ½ cup honey, ½ cup water, 1 orange peel and 1 teaspoon fennel seed in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool and strain into a glass bottle or jar in the fridge until ready to use.
Want more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!