As we get closer to the holiday season, it’s time to start thinking about easy cocktails that will serve a crowd. After cooking all day, the last thing we want to do with a house of people, is shake up cocktails for guests. With that in mind, I created this cranberry orange sparkler. It only takes a few ingredients, it’s made directly in the glass and it tastes great. Can’t beat that for a holiday cocktail!
The only prep work you’ll need to do for this cranberry orange sparkler is make the syrup ahead of time. It’s a cranberry orange tea infused simple syrup, and kept in the refrigerator will last at least a week. I used loose leaf herbal cranberry orange tea from Davidson’s Tea since I have a large bag of it. It smells and tastes very Thanksgiving-y to me.
I did add gin to this cranberry orange sparkler because I like gin and prosecco. However, the drink is also good without it. You can decide whether or not to include it. The bitters are also not essential but I felt they added a nice cinnamon-y note to make this more of a fall/holiday cocktail. Just don’t do more than one dash – it will overtake the drink. Other than that, enjoy your holiday season with good friends and good drinks!
- 1 ounce London Dry Gin
- ½ ounce cranberry orange tea syrup**
- 1 dash Fee Brother's Old Fashioned Bitters
- Add first three ingredients to a champagne flute and carefully stir.
- Top with prosecco and enjoy.
- **To make the cranberry orange tea syrup:
- Add ½ cup raw sugar and ½ cup water to a small pot over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add 2 teaspoons of loose cranberry orange tea and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool, strain and pour into a glass bottle. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. This makes about ½ cup of syrup so adjust amounts based on how much you'll need.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!