I have fallen in love with cocktails using clementines. These little fruits are tasty on their own but when combined with alcohol…OMG. They are delicious as we will prove to you with today’s clementine gin cocktail. You can also try these little oranges in Clementine Margarita or the Clementine Martini. Actually, we suggest you make all three cocktail recipes. But maybe not at the same time.
And the color? Holy beautiful with the bright orange. Just look at the pictures.
Anyway, in this clementine gin cocktail the sweetness of clementines is combined with the floral botanical flavors of Tanqueray 10 Gin. I have to say, Tanq Ten is one of my favorite gins. I love it in a classic martini with a twist, in a grapefruit sage cocktail and also in this clementine gin cocktail. It’s one of those gins you could drink straight out of the bottle. Not that I’ve done that before (or had other people do that). That would just be crazy. Or would it…
To bump up the citrus flavor even more, I added in some Patron Citronge. The drink is finished off with ginger beer and a sprig of mint for color and aroma. The combination of citrus, floral and ginger is different, but absolutely delicious.
- 3 freshly squeezed clementines
- 2 ounces Tanqueray 10 gin
- 1-1/2 ounces Patron Citronge
- Ginger Beer
- Mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker combine juice from freshly squeezed clementines, gin, and Patron Citronge with ice and shake.
- Fill a highball glass with ice and strain contents of cocktail shaker into glass.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!