Christmas is about bringing family and friends together and trust me – this cranberry margarita will do just that.
This isn’t just any cranberry margarita, though. We left the cranberry cocktail at the store and took it a step further with our very own cranberry simple syrup!
Fresh cranberries are readily available during the holidays so now is the time to take advantage of this tasty fruit. By itself, cranberries are very tart and not good to eat, but cooking them properly brings out delicious flavor.
What better thing to cook cranberries in than simple syrup?
That one step takes this cranberry margarita from ordinary to extraordinary, and your holiday guests will love the sweet/tart of fresh cranberries mixed with fine tequila and fresh squeezed limes.
And to be quite honest, this drink is beautiful.
Christmas Cranberry Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- splash of Sprite or soda water, for a less tart drink (optional)
- fresh cranberries, for garnish
- sugar, for rimming
- Rim highball glass with lime and dip sugar.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Combine tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and cranberry simple syrup in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into the highball glass.
- Top with Sprite or soda water (optional)
- Garnish with fresh cranberries.
Makes one absolutely delicious cranberry margarita.
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 – 12 ounce bag fresh, uncooked cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, or until cranberries are tender. (Warning – Cranberries may pop!)
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain into a wide mouth mason jar and discard cranberries.
Store up to one week in the refrigerator or make us proud and use it all up at once.
Want even more? Subscribe to our newsletter so you get our latest drink recipes delivered directly to your inbox.