Every once in a while I run across a spirit that I just can’t pass up trying. One was definitely St. George Spirits NOLA Coffee Liqueur. Another was Sukkah Hill Besamim Aromatic Spice Liqueur. And the two together with bourbon? Delicious. Just wait till you try this bourbon besamim liqueur cocktail for yourself. I know you’ll agree.
So, what exactly is Besamim Aromatic Spice Liqueur you ask? Well, it’s a liqueur with the warm spice flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. It reminds me of homemade carrot cake which reminds me of Sunday dinners at grandma’s house. I think it would be great in a number of winter cocktails, especially with pumpkin. But, we are in summer and it’s not time to think about the cold months yet.
I guess this bourbon besamim liqueur cocktail isn’t exactly summery. But, it’s not really wintery either. It’s more of a digestif cocktail that you can enjoy year round. As long as you have bourbon, Besamim Aromatic Spice Liqueur and NOLA Coffee Liqueur. Which really, you should have on hand all year round anyway.
- 1-1/2 ounces bourbon (I used Maker's Mark)
- ¾ ounce Sukkah Hill Spirits Besamim Liqueur
- ½ ounce St. George Spirits NOLA Coffee Liqueur
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir and strain into a rocks glass with a large cube.
- Express the oil of the lemon peel over the drink, rub around the rim and drop in the glass as garnish.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I was sent samples of Sukkah Hill Spirits liqueurs to enjoy. All thoughts, opinions, images and recipe are my own.