What’s even better than hot cocoa to celebrate the holiday season? For us, the answer is clearly boozy peppermint hot chocolate!
This grown up version of hot cocoa combines the rich flavor of dark chocolate and the peppermint goodness in Pinnacle’s Peppermint Bark vodka. Take all of that and top it with whipped cream and dusting of dark cocoa and find a cozy spot where you can savor every last sip.
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces Pinnacle Peppermint Bark Vodka
- Whipped cream
- Dark cocoa powder (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the milk and cream.
- Once the milk and cream are warm and steaming, add the dark chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Add the sugar and whisk until dissolved. Continue to warm the mixture it thickens a bit, roughly 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the vodka.
- Pour into two mugs, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Can’t get enough peppermint? Try our Peppermint Mocha Martini and our Peppermint Alexander Cocktail.
Want even more? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get our latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!
Note: I received a sample of Pinnacle Peppermint Bark vodka to use in the creation of this recipe. All thoughts, opinions, images and recipe are my own.