If there’s one citrus I love during this time of year, it’s blood oranges. I’m such a fan, I use them in every cocktail I can think of during peak season. Of course, I also had to make some blood orange infused tequila so I could extend their life just a bit. Naturally, the first use for said infused tequila was a round (or three) of these blood orange margaritas.
In addition to the infused tequila in these blood orange margaritas, I also added some more fresh squeezed blood orange juice because I couldn’t resist. They are just too good to leave sitting on the counter.
I think one of my favorite things about blood orange cocktails are how pretty they are to look at. The pink color is gorgeous as you can see in these pictures. Fresh squeezed lime and a float of Grand Marnier finishes the margarita. Instead of garnishing with a lime wedge as usual for a margarita, top it off with a slice of blood orange. Once the drink is gone, enjoy the garnish.
- 4 ounces blood orange infused tequila
- 1 fresh squeezed blood orange
- 1 fresh squeezed lime
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 blood orange wheels for garnish
- Optional: margarita salt
- If desired, rim margarita glass with lime and dip in salt.
- Combine infused tequila, blood orange and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into margarita glass.
- Float ½ ounce of Grand Marnier in each cocktail.
- Garnish with blood orange wheel.
Want more just like this? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll get the latest buzz delivered directly to your inbox!