When I started One Martini 2-1/2 ish years ago, I hardly knew anything about making cocktails. I knew I liked to drink them, but that was it. As time went on, my booze collection grew, my tastes changed and I started reading everything I could about the craft of cocktail making.
Anyway, the point of this little trip down memory lane is to tell you that starting this coming Sunday (6/29), I’ll finally be living my dream of working as a bartender. Yep, I’ll be serving up brunch cocktails at my favorite Reno bar, DEATH & TAXES.
Sunday brunch cocktails are a new addition to the lineup at DEATH & TAXES, complete with a separate menu that features a few drinks I created. So, if you’re in the area come in and see me on Sundays from 11-3. I’ll be the female dressed in black behind the bar. Psst… You should like DEATH & TAXES on Facebook so you can see the various cocktails we’ll be serving.
In addition to working at the bar, I’m also doing their social media/marketing along with running this site, freelance writing for allParenting, contributing at Drinkable Reno, taking care of the business that my husband and I own and working on a few other little projects. Needless to say, I’m a little busy these days. Soooo…
One Martini is hiring!
I’m looking to hire (as in this is a paying gig) one or two contributors to share cocktail recipes/spirit reviews/other booze related content here at One Martini.
Contributors will be responsible for:
- Writing 1 to 2 original posts per month related to cocktails/spirits.
- Providing high quality photography to go along with posts (usually 3 to 4 images per post including one that can be submitted to foodgawker/tastespotting/etc).
- Responding to questions and comments on posts as needed.
- Have basic cocktail making skills (such as knowing when to shake, when to stir, how to infuse spirits, etc.)
- Have excellent writing/grammar/spelling skills and know how to write a recipe.
- Be willing to test recipes and remake as needed (if requested). It’s all about the testing.
- Be willing to share and promote content published on One Martini through your own social media channels. Sharing is caring, yo.
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A short bio about yourself and your love of cocktails.
- What makes you unique and what you bring to the bar (table) that no one else can.
- A full sample post including photography and a well written recipe OR links to 3 – 4 food or drink recipe posts you have written that include your photography.
- Subject line: Contributing writer
Applications will be accepted until July 20th at 5pm PST. Please email if you have any questions.